Barbecue season is officially here and what better way to compliment a meal than with a tasty, quick and low-carb pasta side salad. This healthy dish is also super simple to make and is great for a last-minute lunch or dinner, without feeling guilty about your fitness and wellbeing.
Nutritional facts: 280 Calories - Carbs 15g - Protein 32g - Fat 9g
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 50g Black bean pasta
- 30g Cherry tomatoes
- 30g Cucumber
- 30g Mixed green salad
- 30g Feta cheese
- 1 Chopped spring onion
- 1 tsp Olive oil
- Lemon juice
- Pinch of Salt and pepper
1. Begin by rinsing off the cherry tomatoes, cucumber and spring onion. Chop the tomatoes, cucumber and spring onion as finely as desired, and set aside.
2. Soak the mixed greens under cold water and use a strainer or salad spinner to drain until dry, then set aside.
3. Fill up a pot with water and wait for it to simmer. When the water starts to boil, you may throw a pinch of sea salt to the water, to avoid the pasta from sticking together.
4. As the water begins to boil, gently throw in your black bean pasta. Cooking time may vary according to different brands, so be sure to follow the packaging instructions (usually between 6-8 minutes).
5. When cooked, drain the pasta and lightly season with olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Allow it to cool for about 15 minutes.
6. Once cooled, simply add all the ingredients and gently stir to combine.
Important: Keep refrigerated for up to 3 to 5 days.
If you’re already part of our team, look up ‘Low carb pasta salad’ on your meal planning app to include it in your food diary.
Tasty ✅ Healthy ✅ Simple ✅
MF Club team
Facebook Messenger: MF Club Messenger
Whatsapp: Click here
Phone number: +356 7704 0747
Facebook Page: Mariano Farrugia Health and Fitness Club
Linkedin: Mariano Farrugia