After Parts 1,2 & 3 you have made it to the last one! Part 4! If you did not read the other parts we suggest you do so, click here.
How to actually get yourself to follow through with a habit? If you decide that you want to run a marathon or save the world, gain muscle or lose kilograms of fat, you’re going to screw up unless you internalize the following:
1. Pick a healthy habit, make it small, and make it binary. Something that at the end of every day you can say “yes I did it” or “no I didn’t.”
2. Only build one habit at a time. If you’re new to building habits, or you have never stuck with anything long enough to make it automatic, it’s because you did too much. Habits are compound interest. As you build a new habit, it bleeds over to other parts of your life and makes future habits easier to build too – momentum!
3. Never miss 2 days in a row. What happens if you miss a day? Who cares! One day won’t ruin you – but two days will because 2 days become 30 in the blink of an eye.
4. Don’t pick habits you hate. “I know I should do cardio but I hate running” Stop. Can you get the same results with a different habit, like fast walking, spinning, or rope jumping? Pick a habit that isn’t miserable and you’re more likely to follow through on it. At the same time, we have tons of success stories of people who went from hating exercise to loving how it feels. It’s because they made the habit part of a bigger picture: “I am exercising at the gym because I want to tone my body and feel confident this summer” It’s because they had a BIG enough why to overcome their initial dislike of exercise until they learned to love how exercise made them feel.
5. Temptation Bundling. Consider combining a habit you dislike with something you LOVE, and you’ll be more likely to build the habit. If you hate Elliptical, allow yourself to listen to your favorite podcast only when doing the Elliptical. This can be a powerful change.
6. Find a friend or a group of friends to build the habits with you. This is why we also created our community, having a place where you may share your struggles, ask for opinions or professional advice, meet the community members in real person, etc…
When you believe you can change, if you make it a habit, the change becomes real.
This is the real power of habit: the insight that your habits are what you chose them to be. Once that choice occurs and becomes automatic, it’s not only real, it starts to seem inevitable. You’ll need more brainpower initially until your default behaviour becomes the automatic habit-building you’re chasing. With each day of you building your new habit, you’re overcoming any self-limiting belief, building momentum, and becoming a habit-building badass! And then those habits become automatic.
Start today - Pick your habit and GO!
Book a free consultation: https://bit.ly/Marianoclub21
Facebook Messenger: MF Club Messenger
Whatsapp: Click here
Phone number: +356 7704 0747
Facebook Page: Mariano Farrugia Health and Fitness Club
Linkedin: Mariano Farrugia
#mindfulness #mentalhealth #wellbeing #fitness #weightloss #fatloss #goals #tips #balance #health #food #workout