A little balance never hurt anyone!
Healthy eating does not have to be boring! Today, we are here with a fun and tasty recipe that is calorie-friendly and consists of soulful ingredients. If you have a sweet tooth or you are looking for a tasty snack to fuel your day, you will fall in love with our Chocolate & Peanut Bites. We cannot get enough of them!
But we must warn you…they can be very addictive, so eat them in moderation!
Nutritional facts: 86 calories per serving – Carbs 5g – Protein 2g – Fats 6g
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 ripe banana (still firm)
- 20g peanut butter
- 90g dark chocolate chopped.
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
1. Cut the banana into slices (about 0.7cm each). Set aside half of the slices and arrange the other half on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. 2. Heat peanut butter in the microwave on low/medium for about 30 seconds to 1 minute, stirring in between, until it is smooth and easily spreadable.
3. Spoon about a heaped ¼ of a teaspoon (up to ½ a teaspoon if the banana is large) on the banana slices you arranged on the baking sheet. Top with the other half of the banana slices you set aside earlier. Freeze for two hours. 4. While the banana sandwiches are in the freezer, prepare the chocolate. Place the chopped chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl along with the coconut oil (it helps the chocolate melt and stay smooth).
5. Microwave on low/medium heat in 30 seconds bursts, stirring in between each burst, until chocolate is fully melted and glossy (watch carefully so the chocolate does not burn). 6. Prepare another baking sheet with parchment paper. Take two to three bites out of the freezer. One by one, dip them in the melted chocolate and using two forks, "roll" them in chocolate to cover all sides.
7. Remove excess chocolate and place on prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining frozen sandwiches. We prefer working with only a few bites at a time, so you do not have to rush before they defrost and start getting mushy. If the chocolate is not smooth enough towards the end, re-melt it in the microwave for another 30 seconds or so.
8. Place the chocolate covered bites back in the freezer until set. Once they are set, you can transfer them in a container. Store in the freezer.
PS: If your teeth are sensitive to the cold, take them out of the freezer a couple of minutes before eating them so they are not too cold.
Tasty ✅ Healthy ✅ Simple ✅
MF Club team
Facebook Messenger: MF Club Messenger
Whatsapp: Click here
Phone number: +356 7704 0747
Facebook Page: Mariano Farrugia Health and Fitness Club
Linkedin: Mariano Farrugia